The first edition of the Pattingham and Patshull Magazine was published in January 1869. As was often the practice at that time it took the form of a “wraparound” sheet (or sheets) which was wrapped around a generic magazine, which was “The Parish Magazine” edited by J Erskine Clarke MA. Copies of the magazines were bound each year – the 12 issues of the generic magazine together, followed by the local pages. Copies of those are still in the parish.
We are in the process of scanning the local pages so that they can be made available to a wider readership. They make interesting reading. The first sixteen years are available below. Each month’s edition is a separate PDF.